Intuit(r), a company that developed QuickBooks File Doctor, has created an advanced tool to help you troubleshoot any issues when working with your company file. It also allows you to run QuickBooks multi-user. The tool was first introduced in 2012 with QuickBooks Desktop. Since then, it has been greatly improved to fix almost half of the errors QuickBooks Desktop encounters. You don’t need to panic if you get an error message when accessing QuickBooks company files or an error message such as ” list information is corrupt”, QB File Doctor can help you resolve these errors quickly.
What’s QuickBooks File Doctor?
QuickBooks File Doctor, a free tool that integrates with QuickBooks, helps users fix common QuickBooks Company File Data damage and network-related issues. QBFD can resolve the following errors: 6000 series errors, and errors that appear when QuickBooks is running in multi-user mode. If you have an older version or a problem with File Doctor, the tool can be downloaded from the internet.
Check out these issues that QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor can help you fix:
1. Repairs files that are damaged or not openable by the company.
2. Network errors such as Error H101, Error H202, Error H303, Error H303, and error H505 are usually fixed using QuickBooks File Doctor.
3. Troubleshoot errors when opening company files such as error 6000 –82, error 6150 or error 6000-305, error 6147, error 6000-305, error 6130.
4. This tool will help you to create a list of vendors, customers, and employees that is either missing or not working.
These are the factors to consider before you use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
1. You should always ensure that you are using the most recent version of the application. To ensure that you are using the most current features, if you already have a previous version on your system, you should first uninstall it.
2. QuickBooks Desktop applications released after 2015 will have an inbuilt file physician. We recommend that you download the external Quickbooks file doctors to get the latest features.
3. The internal file doctor can be used to resolve errors that prevent you from opening company files or all -6000 errors.
You must have Microsoft.Net 3.5 To install file doctor on Windows 10 operating system.
File doctor was only available on Windows operating systems. It is not compatible with Mac OSX.
How to use QuickBooks File Doctor
1. Once the download is complete, locate the downloaded file on your computer with the name ” QBFD.exe”. Double-click the file to start the installation and follow the instructions.
2. The application will automatically start after the installation is complete. If it doesn’t, you can look for the icon on your desktop and click it.
3. Once QB File Doctor is up and running, you will be able to select your company file either from the drop-down menu or manually by clicking on the browse button.
4. You can select the company file to be diagnosed. If you only need to check file damage, then choose ” Only file damage”. If you get errors such as 6000, -6150, 82, 6000-305, 6000-301, 6130 or 6147, then select ” Both file damage and network connectivity”.
5. If you are having trouble setting up multiple users or getting errors such as H202, H303, or H505 when connecting to the network, then click ” Check Network Connectivity Only” and then click ” Diagnose” to continue.
6. To continue, enter your password and click ” Next”. If you’re using an older version than 2011 of QuickBooks, the application will ask for you to upgrade your company file. This is optional and we recommend that you do not attempt to repair the company file until you have completed the update.
7. QuickBooks File Doctor will now begin repairing your company file. It might take some time, depending on the file size, so take some rest or grab a cup of coffee while you wait for the repair to complete.
8. After repairing your company file successfully, File Doctor will give you the option to open it in File Doctor directly. If you have multiple versions of QuickBooks installed on the system, it will ask you which version you wish to use to open your repaired company file. Select the QuickBooks version you want to open and then click ” Open QuickBooks”.
Run File Doctor using QuickBooks Tool Hub
1. First, close QuickBooks Desktop.
2. Download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub now. (184.108.40.206 here.
3. Navigate to the downloads of your computer and double-click the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
4. To complete the installation, you must agree to the terms and conditions. Follow the steps on the screen.
5. After the installation is complete, go to your Desktop screen. Double-click the QB Tool Hub icon.
6. Once the Tool Hub has been installed on your system, navigate the Company file Issues tab. Click Run Quickbooks File Doctor.
7. Browse and select the company file you want to use in the next step. Next, click the button in the middle that says Check your file.
8. Click Continue to enter your company file admin password if asked.
9. Click Next to let the QBFD fix the damage to the company file or network.
What do you do when your company file has been repaired with QB File Doctor?
After you have restored your company file, it is a good time to make a secured backup. This can prevent you from having to do all the manual work again. It is a good idea to make backups of your company files on an external memory drive, such as an external hard disk or USB drive, every month. These errors can be avoided by regularly checking for updates to the application.